A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Thursday, April 2, 2009

That Languages Poll

If you've been following this blog for a while you may recall that back on February 12, I put up a poll on whether or not I should link to websites in languages other than English. I offered several options and 25 people responded. Of the 25, only one wanted English only; the rest opted for any useful language or expressed a preference for sites in French, Arabic, or in a few cases Persian and Hebrew (two languages for which I have only rudimentary capabilities). So for some time I've been linking to anything that seemed relevant, especially Arabic and French sites. I said I'd run the poll until March 31, so the poll is now closed. I've removed it from the lower right sidebar, where it has been sitting for several weeks, and hope to get some serious newslinks and a blogroll up in that area soon.

No comments: